A vision to actively cooperate with God to see Habakkuk 2:14 become a reality.
"Risks are not to be evaluated in terms of success, but in terms of the value of the goal." -Ralph Winter
Friends, I am grateful for the privilege to write to you and give an update of Dad's sweet grace. This letter is a plea for your effectual prayers. Within the Memphis Metro area we have approximately 1.4 million people. Our aim and Kingdom inspired agenda is to see the entire population saturated with the gospel in such a way that multiplying churches and disciples are emerging everywhere. In addition, we have sought to segment this mission by acting to catalyze the multiplication of disciples and churches in every zip code. We are mobilizing pre-existing churches and igniting grassroots movements. Presently we have gospel impact in 15 zip codes. What do I mean by gospel impact? I mean we either have new church starts, traditional churches mobilized, house of peace searches happening (Luke 10, Mark 6, & Matt 10), or households meeting for discovery bible studies in each represented zip code. Would you join us in prayer as we aim for total gospel saturation of this city (and beyond)?
I request of you what Paul requested of the Thessalonians. Paul stated, “As for other matters, brothers and sisters, pray for us that the message of the Lord may spread rapidly and be honored, just as it was with you.” 2 Thess. 3:1. Notice how Paul does not request for them to join him in evangelism although evangelism is important. He does not ask for them to come equip disciples with him, which is highly recommended. Paul asks for them to pray for the rapid advance of the gospel! Please, pray with us for the rapid advance of the gospel and for it’s reception. Paul says, pray that the gospel would speed ahead and be honored where it goes.
Paul said, "I have no more room to work in these regions..." Rom. 15:23
Six requests for prayer:
- For our houses of peace in Germantown to become a hub for the spread of the gospel.
- Albert, a middle schooler, is only a few weeks old in the faith. He led three of his closest friends to Jesus this week. Just Monday, Kim, the owner of the apartment where Albert lives, professed faith in Christ and committed to obeying him along with Paula and Ashley, her two friends. Pray for our new disciples to grow in grace and the knowledge of Christ.
- We have a new church start in Hickory Hill with 3 generations of new disciples. Pray for multiplication. Pray for grand-churches and great grand-churches. “May the Lord, the God of your ancestors, increase you a thousand times and bless you as he has promised!” Deut. 1:11
- Pray for the church at the U of M to embody this verse: “The Lord’s message rang out from you not only in Macedonia and Achaia—your faith in God has become known everywhere. Therefore we do not need to say anything about it, 9 for they themselves report what kind of reception you gave us.” 1 Thess. 1:8
- Pray for all of our trainers to train trainers, to persevere, be humble, and strive for the Kingdom’s advance. “[Jesus] is the one we proclaim, admonishing and teaching everyone with all wisdom, so that we may present everyone fully mature in Christ. To this end I strenuously contend with all the energy Christ so powerfully works in me.” Col. 1:28-29 “Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.” Gal. 6:9
- Pray for the two pre-existing churches that are being mobilized in Millington and Whitehaven. Pray that every effort prompted by faith will be attended with God’s power (2 Thess. 2:11).
No place left,
Download the PDF - "No Place Left: A Prayer Update"